Former Florida A&M University student, Adrienne Denita Rogers, 25, was in an automobile-accident on I-10 west Friday. Emergency Medical Services pronounced her dead on the scene.

Rogers was a 2007 graduate of the university. She majored in business administration with a minor in history, said Lauren Grant, friend of Rogers and 2007 FAMU business graduate.

“She was one of the warmest, sweetest and most honest loyal people you’ll ever meet,” Grant said.

Rogers and Grant are both from North Carolina and came to FAMU in 2001. Grant said Rogers planned to study history for her graduate degree next year.

“Adrienne could have done anything she put her mind to,” said Christic Henry, owner of Kingdom First Royalties.

Henry employed Rogers during her last year of college, and may have been one of the last people Rogers spoke to.

“It was kind of crazy for us because we had just talked to her a couple of minutes before. It was very rough for us here at the company.”

Devon Cobbs, 25, a 2007 business graduate from Atlanta, Ga., said Rogers was one of the first people he met at FAMU.

“She was the glue that held us all together,” Cobbs said.

Rogers was active on FAMU’s campus. From 2001-2004, Rogers served as a mentor in the SBI Women’s hunt, a program for freshmen girls in the school of business. She was also a member of the National Conference for Negro Woman  from 2002-2004, and the 2003-2004 president of NAACP chapter of FAMU.

Grant said at the time Rogers served in NAACP, it was the largest collegiate chapter in the country.

Rogers also served as court adviser in 2004-2005 and was the campaign manager for 2004-2005 Mr. FAMU, Ryan Moran.

Rogers founded two non-profit organizations, Life AIDS, which educated blacks in the community about HIV/AIDs, and One Freedom.

Cobbs said although Rogers will no longer be with them, they will still stay strong and be friends forever.

The memorial service for Adrienne Rogers will be on Saturday, November 1 at Friendship Missionary Baptist Church in Charlotte, North Carolina at 1 p.m. The family asked that all cards, flowers, etc. be sent to the church.