FAMU Wireless Network Desperately Needs an Upgrade
Technology is the foundation for progress in today’s society. However, technology can be a curse. Newton’s third law of motion states that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
That definitely applies to technology because on Florida A&M’s campus, all technological advantages that a student has produces disadvantages as well.
For example, the university’s flex bucks system is always malfunctioning, which can cause a student to miss meals.
College students cannot always afford the choice of cash or credit because the system is down.
A lot of underclassmen do not have the privilege of being able to cook in their dorms, so if the system is down, they are basically out of luck. Students should not have to search for food when they invest in a meal plan.
Now, I’m not saying they should get rid of the system. I’m just saying they have some kinks to work out.
One of the biggest problems is iRattler and the wireless Internet. The headaches that iRattler inflicts on students during enrollment should be deducted from tuition because we need some sort of compensation.
I missed a few classes during the first few weeks of school because the system was down and I was unable to access my classes.
The Wi-Fi at FAMU has particular stipulations that can affect students’ mobile devices.
Overall, the technology at FAMU just needs to be upgraded. I know FAMU’s tech team is tired of dealing with all the complaints and having to put in the extra time for day-to-day dilemmas.
Once the necessary changes are made to our technology, a lot of processes will become a lot smoother.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More thefamuanonline News Articles
Recent thefamuanonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THEFAMUANONLINE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THEFAMUANONLINE NEWS
- Tallahassee City Commission approves 2016 work plan for allocated properties
- Florida Senate addresses death penalty during hearing
- Nefetari's strives to promote African culture
- FAMU alumna runs for a seat in the Florida House of Representatives
- Local blood banks take precaution against Zika virus
- Debbie Allen brings dance to the White House
- Is it Black History month?
RECENT THEFAMUANONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Hope for Sufferers of Myofascial Pain?
- A Delicious and Warm Pear Salad for Winter
- Major Maryland Piano Store to Close Its Doors
- A Better Valentine's Day Gift for Couples?
- Crowdfunding's Latest Effort: Preventing Youth Sports...
- El Regalo Ideal Para Cualquier Etapa De Tu Relación
- Seeing a Chiropractor First Can Save You Money
- Flu Season Has Arrived: Helpful Tips to Prevent the...
- 2016 Resolutions: Time for an Update?
- GlobalGiving and Athletic Tips Partner to Help Keep Young...