FAMU Wireless Network Desperately Needs an Upgrade
Technology is the foundation for progress in today’s society. However, technology can be a curse. Newton’s third law of motion states that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
That definitely applies to technology because on Florida A&M’s campus, all technological advantages that a student has produces disadvantages as well.
For example, the university’s flex bucks system is always malfunctioning, which can cause a student to miss meals.
College students cannot always afford the choice of cash or credit because the system is down.
A lot of underclassmen do not have the privilege of being able to cook in their dorms, so if the system is down, they are basically out of luck. Students should not have to search for food when they invest in a meal plan.
Now, I’m not saying they should get rid of the system. I’m just saying they have some kinks to work out.
One of the biggest problems is iRattler and the wireless Internet. The headaches that iRattler inflicts on students during enrollment should be deducted from tuition because we need some sort of compensation.
I missed a few classes during the first few weeks of school because the system was down and I was unable to access my classes.
The Wi-Fi at FAMU has particular stipulations that can affect students’ mobile devices.
Overall, the technology at FAMU just needs to be upgraded. I know FAMU’s tech team is tired of dealing with all the complaints and having to put in the extra time for day-to-day dilemmas.
Once the necessary changes are made to our technology, a lot of processes will become a lot smoother.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Famuan News Articles
Recent The Famuan News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE FAMUAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE FAMUAN NEWS
- Glory to God: The story of Desmond Lockhart
- Students explore entrepreneurism
- Engineering day allows graduates to give back to FAMU
- Christian school to introduce 'Meridian Run'
- SGA hosts forum for proposal to split the FAMU-FSU College of Engineering
- Romance after graduation
- Housing fair to inform residents on forclosure
RECENT THE FAMUAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care