FAMU Wireless Network Desperately Needs an Upgrade
Technology is the foundation for progress in today’s society. However, technology can be a curse. Newton’s third law of motion states that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
That definitely applies to technology because on Florida A&M’s campus, all technological advantages that a student has produces disadvantages as well.
For example, the university’s flex bucks system is always malfunctioning, which can cause a student to miss meals.
College students cannot always afford the choice of cash or credit because the system is down.
A lot of underclassmen do not have the privilege of being able to cook in their dorms, so if the system is down, they are basically out of luck. Students should not have to search for food when they invest in a meal plan.
Now, I’m not saying they should get rid of the system. I’m just saying they have some kinks to work out.
One of the biggest problems is iRattler and the wireless Internet. The headaches that iRattler inflicts on students during enrollment should be deducted from tuition because we need some sort of compensation.
I missed a few classes during the first few weeks of school because the system was down and I was unable to access my classes.
The Wi-Fi at FAMU has particular stipulations that can affect students’ mobile devices.
Overall, the technology at FAMU just needs to be upgraded. I know FAMU’s tech team is tired of dealing with all the complaints and having to put in the extra time for day-to-day dilemmas.
Once the necessary changes are made to our technology, a lot of processes will become a lot smoother.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Famuan News Articles
Recent The Famuan News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE FAMUAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE FAMUAN NEWS
- Health Festival Brings Out Rattlers and Community
- FSU Pulls Out Tight Win Against BC 20-17
- News 20 at Five: FSU Shooting Coverage
- Gov. Rick Scott Creates New Abortion Ban
- Supervisors of Elections Challenges FAMU Students
- FAMU Student Grazed at Party
- FAM-STATE NSBE Give Back to the Community: A Walk for Education
RECENT THE FAMUAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Avoiding Body Drought: Tips to Prevent Dehydration
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
- What It Takes to Get One of the Most In-Demand Jobs
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge