FAMU Wireless Network Desperately Needs an Upgrade
Technology is the foundation for progress in today’s society. However, technology can be a curse. Newton’s third law of motion states that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
That definitely applies to technology because on Florida A&M’s campus, all technological advantages that a student has produces disadvantages as well.
For example, the university’s flex bucks system is always malfunctioning, which can cause a student to miss meals.
College students cannot always afford the choice of cash or credit because the system is down.
A lot of underclassmen do not have the privilege of being able to cook in their dorms, so if the system is down, they are basically out of luck. Students should not have to search for food when they invest in a meal plan.
Now, I’m not saying they should get rid of the system. I’m just saying they have some kinks to work out.
One of the biggest problems is iRattler and the wireless Internet. The headaches that iRattler inflicts on students during enrollment should be deducted from tuition because we need some sort of compensation.
I missed a few classes during the first few weeks of school because the system was down and I was unable to access my classes.
The Wi-Fi at FAMU has particular stipulations that can affect students’ mobile devices.
Overall, the technology at FAMU just needs to be upgraded. I know FAMU’s tech team is tired of dealing with all the complaints and having to put in the extra time for day-to-day dilemmas.
Once the necessary changes are made to our technology, a lot of processes will become a lot smoother.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More thefamuanonline News Articles
Recent thefamuanonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THEFAMUANONLINE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THEFAMUANONLINE NEWS
- Gibbs Hall wins Homecoming Housing Step Show
- TPD seeks people for questions in shootings of FAMU students
- Trump's Tallahassee visit brings out supporters and protestors
- Rape spotlight shines on FAMU
- Homecoming flourishes despite budget cuts
- 11 New Inductees into the Sports Hall of Fame
- FAMU’S HCC to help in relief efforts towards Haiti
RECENT THEFAMUANONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Easy Ways to Make Your Media Space More Enjoyable
- Toques modernos a la celebración tradicional del...
- Which Home Upgrades Really Pay Off?
- Reverse Mortgages Can Be a Valuable Retirement Tool
- Family Friday Destination: Try This TV Trio
- A Life Half Full: Aging With Optimism
- Lights, Camera, Action -- Holiday Style
- Bates Family Grows as Daughters Become Moms
- Women Face Challenges When It Comes to Health Coverage
- Fitness Sauna Promotes Health and Profit for Small...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GoFundMe Awards $100,000 in Scholarships to 10 Promising Students
- Kaplan Survey: Law School Slump May be Over, but Recovery is Fragile
- CONFERENCE USA COLLEGE WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL AND MEN'S SOCCER COVERAGE ONLY ON beIN SPORTS
- Exclusive campus app bans professors and launches into 30 campuses!
- COLLEGE FOOTBALL CONTINUES THIS WEEKEND WITH FLORIDA ATLANTIC AT FIU - only on beIN SPORTS