FAMU Wireless Network Desperately Needs an Upgrade
Technology is the foundation for progress in today’s society. However, technology can be a curse. Newton’s third law of motion states that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
That definitely applies to technology because on Florida A&M’s campus, all technological advantages that a student has produces disadvantages as well.
For example, the university’s flex bucks system is always malfunctioning, which can cause a student to miss meals.
College students cannot always afford the choice of cash or credit because the system is down.
A lot of underclassmen do not have the privilege of being able to cook in their dorms, so if the system is down, they are basically out of luck. Students should not have to search for food when they invest in a meal plan.
Now, I’m not saying they should get rid of the system. I’m just saying they have some kinks to work out.
One of the biggest problems is iRattler and the wireless Internet. The headaches that iRattler inflicts on students during enrollment should be deducted from tuition because we need some sort of compensation.
I missed a few classes during the first few weeks of school because the system was down and I was unable to access my classes.
The Wi-Fi at FAMU has particular stipulations that can affect students’ mobile devices.
Overall, the technology at FAMU just needs to be upgraded. I know FAMU’s tech team is tired of dealing with all the complaints and having to put in the extra time for day-to-day dilemmas.
Once the necessary changes are made to our technology, a lot of processes will become a lot smoother.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More thefamuanonline News Articles
Recent thefamuanonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THEFAMUANONLINE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THEFAMUANONLINE NEWS
- Local Athletics
- FAMU alumnus Powell sworn in as state senator
- Venom Foundation takes on the Tallahassee community
- FAMU’s Sustainability Institute host eco-lab block party
- Increase of non-black student enrollment at FAMU
- Marching 100 members wary of Florida Classic after 2015
- Rattlers basketball fall to USF Bulls in season opener
RECENT THEFAMUANONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
- A New Read on Literacy: The 3 Keys to Building Lifelong...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities