Dance team suspended
Florida A&M’s Interim President Larry Robinson suspended the Torque Dance Team after the university received an anonymous report from a parent about an alleged hazing incident.
According to the report, the incident took place off campus during Labor Day weekend.
This comes after Robinson recently lifted the ban on membership intake for all clubs and organizations following the death of drum major Robert Champion.
Some members were shocked to hear the news about the group’s recent suspension.
Dazsia Tucker, who has been a member of Torque for three years, said she wouldn’t believe it if the report turned out to be true.
“I believe Torque has made improvements,” said the third-year nursing student from West Palm Beach, Fla.
“We really just want to dance. That’s our main goal.”
The organization has been inactive since December 2011 because of the absence of an advisor, according to a statement released by the university.
A report released by FAMU’s Office of Communications stated that the dance team will be suspended until further notice, pending an investigation.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More thefamuanonline News Articles
Recent thefamuanonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THEFAMUANONLINE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THEFAMUANONLINE NEWS
- Local Athletics
- FAMU alumnus Powell sworn in as state senator
- Venom Foundation takes on the Tallahassee community
- FAMU’s Sustainability Institute host eco-lab block party
- Increase of non-black student enrollment at FAMU
- Marching 100 members wary of Florida Classic after 2015
- Rattlers basketball fall to USF Bulls in season opener
RECENT THEFAMUANONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
- A New Read on Literacy: The 3 Keys to Building Lifelong...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities