Dance team suspended
Florida A&M’s Interim President Larry Robinson suspended the Torque Dance Team after the university received an anonymous report from a parent about an alleged hazing incident.
According to the report, the incident took place off campus during Labor Day weekend.
This comes after Robinson recently lifted the ban on membership intake for all clubs and organizations following the death of drum major Robert Champion.
Some members were shocked to hear the news about the group’s recent suspension.
Dazsia Tucker, who has been a member of Torque for three years, said she wouldn’t believe it if the report turned out to be true.
“I believe Torque has made improvements,” said the third-year nursing student from West Palm Beach, Fla.
“We really just want to dance. That’s our main goal.”
The organization has been inactive since December 2011 because of the absence of an advisor, according to a statement released by the university.
A report released by FAMU’s Office of Communications stated that the dance team will be suspended until further notice, pending an investigation.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Famuan News Articles
Recent The Famuan News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE FAMUAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE FAMUAN NEWS
RECENT THE FAMUAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Miss a Beat: Tips for Enjoying a Live Concert
- Tips to Enjoy Pest-Free Camping This Summer
- Los Hispanos Predominan En El Mercado De Regreso a Clases...
- Chiropractors Offer Advice to Those With Diabetes
- Waste and Recycling Jobs: Opportunities Are Plentiful
- Landfills: An Unexpected Source of Renewable Energy
- The Best Accessories are Easy, Convenient and Portable
- The Latest Buzz Phrase in Health Care
- Content Agency Promises the Best Bang for Your...
- The Best Accessories for Going Swimming