Dance team suspended
Florida A&M’s Interim President Larry Robinson suspended the Torque Dance Team after the university received an anonymous report from a parent about an alleged hazing incident.
According to the report, the incident took place off campus during Labor Day weekend.
This comes after Robinson recently lifted the ban on membership intake for all clubs and organizations following the death of drum major Robert Champion.
Some members were shocked to hear the news about the group’s recent suspension.
Dazsia Tucker, who has been a member of Torque for three years, said she wouldn’t believe it if the report turned out to be true.
“I believe Torque has made improvements,” said the third-year nursing student from West Palm Beach, Fla.
“We really just want to dance. That’s our main goal.”
The organization has been inactive since December 2011 because of the absence of an advisor, according to a statement released by the university.
A report released by FAMU’s Office of Communications stated that the dance team will be suspended until further notice, pending an investigation.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More thefamuanonline News Articles
Recent thefamuanonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THEFAMUANONLINE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THEFAMUANONLINE NEWS
RECENT THEFAMUANONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Good Dental Care: Make It Safe
- Gran promesa latina lanza línea de moda para el...
- Cystic Fibrosis Breakthrough for Patients With Fungal...
- Millennials and Health Care
- Is Your Christmas Tree Up to the Task?
- Save Time and Money With a Mail-Order Pharmacy
- How to Store Your Warm Weather Gear for Winter Hibernation
- 5 Ways to Raise Capital and Start a Business
- Have Chronic Pain? Here's a Safer Alternative to Opioids
- Military Training Happens Virtually in Florida