Rattlers swinging towards postseason
With just over a month left in the season, the bats of the Florida A&M baseball team continue to be the strength of their game in the 2017 season.
The Rattlers have managed to put up more than five runs in 16 of their games this season and put double digits on the scoreboard in six of those games.
Midway through the season the Rattlers finds themselves tied for first place with rival Bethune Cookman in the Southern Division of the MEAC. The Wildcats do however hold the tiebreaker for the top spot in the division.
Head coach Jamey Shouppe stressed the importance of performing well in the division.
"We know the only way to win the postseason is to position ourselves well during the season by winning the Southern Division and then the MEAC tournament."
If the Rattlers hope to make the postseason this year, they will need to get things going in their away games. FAMU has performed well at home with a 12-6 record in Moore-Kittles, but have struggled recently on the road going 4-8 while out of Tallahassee this season.
"We've played some good teams on the road but we need to make sure we execute daily," Shouppe said.
Rattlers fans are confident the team will continue to perform well and make the postseason. Justice Powell, a business student at FAMU has supported the Rattlers since enrolling in 2014.
"The baseball team has been pretty solid since I've been here," Powell said. "I'm hoping they can continue to battle and represent our school in the postseason this year."
Another fan, Allen Pettigrew, echoed similar thoughts. “They have the potential to do something special for the school once postseason comes around. I'm excited about the possibilities with this team.”
Coming up soon for the Rattler baseball team is a three game home series against BCU. The series could have a serious impact on who will eventually win the Southern Division.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More thefamuanonline News Articles
Recent thefamuanonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THEFAMUANONLINE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THEFAMUANONLINE NEWS
- FAMU Football Hopes to Build Off Spring Game
- Behind the Scenes of “Akeelah and the Bee”
- Returning Rattler Strikes Back: Finishing What I Started
- Rattlers will be receiving a new Bragg Stadium
- Rattlers swinging towards postseason
- FAMU's organic food market at Lake Ella brings unity to the community
- Muslim Day at the Capitol
RECENT THEFAMUANONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Streaming Content Box Cuts Your Cable and Costs
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- American U. professor predicts Trump will be impeached in new book
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum