External Affairs - Outreach Intern
Description**SUMMER 2017 APPLICATION DEADLINE IS APRIL 1, 2017**
To apply please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- State of Florida application (Found at www.floridadisaster.org/interns)
- Cover letter
More details and FAQs can be found at www.floridadisaster.org/interns
The Florida Division of Emergency Management (FDEM) Internship Program provides students with a unique opportunity to apply classroom skills and theory to real life work situations. This hands-on program is designed to strengthen fundamental emergency management concepts and develop the confidence and skills of the next generation to prepare them for future employment opportunities.
As an intern, participants are expected to employ their skills and abilities to contribute to the objectives of their assigned host organization. Our internships provide exposure to industry professionals and promote career development. To support that endeavor, interns will be placed based on interests and specific project availability.
Participants can obtain valuable in-depth experience in emergency management and other related fields. In addition, interns will:
Work with a national leader in the field of emergency management
- Contribute to innovative projects
- Get relevant experience for resume building
- Develop confidence walking into an interview with numerous examples to use
- Obtain a greater understanding of career possibilities and areas of interest
- Gain marketability for employment opportunities after graduation
Recurring semester activities include:
- Regularly scheduled Lunch and Learns with emergency management professional guest speakers
- Leon County Emergency Operations Center Tour in Tallahassee, FL
- Capital Area Chapter of the American Red Cross Tour in Tallahassee, FL
All participants are expected to intern for a minimum of 15 hours a week for the entire term of the program. Specific schedules will vary according to the position.
The Division of Emergency Management Internship Program is an unpaid program. However, we offer college credit for participation in this investment toward your future.
External Affairs - Outreach Intern | 1 position | Location: Tallahassee, FL
The outreach intern's focus will be to further the Division public education and outreach program through redesign of materials and participation in outreach events. Responsibilities:Research, update and redesign Division printed materials; Field and fulfill outreach materials requests from stakeholders; Participate in Division outreach events and research new opportunities; Track outreach impact through analytics submitted by stakeholders as well as Division events.
Related thefamuanonline Jobs Listings
CONTINUE JOBS SEARCH
GET NEW LISTINGS DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THEFAMUANONLINE NEWS
- Breaking News: Grable re-elected as faculty senate president
- FAMU Spring 2017 Campaign Period
- Rattlers lose In the Opening Round of the MEAC Tournament
- Multimedia short course comes to FAMU
- Byron Samuels is heading out the door
- FAMU president discusses President Trump’s initiatives
- Get Out: Does race test a relationship?