IMPEACHMENT PROCEEDINGS AGAINST STUDENT BODY PRESIDENT LARRY O. RIVERS(Student Government Association vs. Larry O. Rivers)
Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University Student Government Association
Articles of ImpeachmentCOMES NOW the Prosecution, in this impeachment proceeding, and alleges the following
1) The Defendant committed a malfeasance of his duties as Student Body President in failing to advertise for vacant positions within the Executive and Judicial Branches of Student Government Association. 2) The Defendant committed a malfeasance of his duties as Student Body President in failing to reappoint positions for which his previous appointments failed to secure confirmation from the Student Senate.
3) The Defendant violated 6C3-2.012(10)f of the Student Code of Conduct by falsifying documents and offering those documents as valid Student Government documents, a felony under University policy.
4) The Defendant violated 6C3-2.012(10)f of the Student Code of Conduct by lying to the Student Senate in stating that he had made no appointment for the office of Legal Counsel of the Student Supreme Court when if fact the person that he nominated for Legal Counsel on May 30th, 2003 is now serving in that position, a felony under University policy.
5) The Defendant violated 6C3-2.012(10)f of the Student Code of Conduct by lying to the Student Senate about his knowledge of Supreme Court Justice Appointee Kristen Jackson’s ineligibility. The Defendant knew or should have known that his appointee did not meet the qualifications set forth by the Student Body Constitution, a felony under University Policy.
6) The Defendant violated Section II (H) of the Student Code of Conduct by violating all Student Government Association officers and students of Florida A&M University rights’ to due process of law as outlined under Section VI Chapter 100.01 of the Fang, Student Body Constitution, and Student Body Statutes. 7) The Defendant has committed an abuse of the internal procedures of Student Government Association by refusing to adhere to established legal precedent provided by the Judicial Branch.
8) The Defendant has committed an abuse of Presidential authority by attempting to intervene in the affairs of Sophomore Class President Torey Alston and the Union Board’s attempts to bring Governor Jeb Bush to speak to FAMU students.